Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 1 pack spaghetti
• 8 tomatoes
• 1 aubergine, diced
• 2 cloves garlic
• Olive oil for drizzling
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 400g (14oz) turkey mince
• 2 carrots, diced
• 1 tin of tomatoes
• 2 tbsp black olives, de-stoned
• 100g (4oz) cooked chickpeas
• 100g (4oz) green lentils, cooked according to instructions
• 1 tsp tomato puree
• 2-3 tsp oregano
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 400ml stock
• Basil, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 200C/190 fan/gas 6.
3. Put the chopped onion in a large pan with a little olive oil, and fry until soft. Add the turkey and cook for a few minutes.
4. Next add the carrots, stock, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, cooked lentils, cooked chickpeas, olives, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper into the pot. Mix everything well and pop a lid on. Simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Now add the aubergine mixture, and give it a good stir. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
7. Season the bolognese with a little extra salt and pepper, and serve with a few basil leaves.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.