A light and aromatic pasta dish which is full of texture and easy to prepare.
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 head cauliflower
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 8-10 anchovy fillets
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 packet spaghetti
• 1 small handful parsley, chopped
• ½ lemon, zest and juice of
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
2. In a frying pan, heat two tablespoons olive oil on medium-high heat, then add the onion, and sweat for four to five minutes.
3. Next add the cauliflower and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add the anchovies, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Continue to cook for two to three minutes or until fragrant, stirring to break up anchovies into small pieces.
5. Meanwhile, add the spaghetti to the boiling water, and cook until al dente. Reserve one cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and set aside.
6. Add the cooking water to the cauliflower mixture, bring to a simmer, cook until the liquid has reduced a little.
7. Add the pasta to the pan, and mix through. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle on the parsley and drizzle the remaining oil over. Serve immediately.
Recipe & Photography By Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.