A quick and simple dessert that is sure to please a crowd.
• 50ml (2fl oz) water
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 200 grams (7oz) chocolate, coarsely chopped
• ½ tablespoon dark rum, brandy, or liquor of your choice (optional)
• 250ml double cream
1. Place chocolate in a large bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar over medium heat. Once the sugar has melted, pour the hot syrup over the chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds, then mix until chocolate has melted.
3. Stir in the liquor of choice, leave to cool.
4. In a mixer bowl, beat the cream until stiff. Gently fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until combined; then gently mix in the remaining whipped cream.
5. Divide into serving cups.
6. Chill the mousse for at least two hours.
Recipe & Photo by Anna Pettigrew
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.