SERVES 4 | Preparation time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 680g/1½lb skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild), cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 organic lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 3 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 3 tbsp coriander, chopped
• 5 tbsp organic olive oil
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 red chilli, finely chopped
1. Using two skewers at a time, stick the salmon, onion and folded lemon slices on to 8 pairs of parallel skewers (making 8 in total). Brush with a little oil.
2. Combine the remaining oil, vinegar, chilli and herbs in a bowl. Set aside.
3. On a hot BBQ, place the kebabs on the grate, then grill, turning once, until the fish is just cooked through, and is nicely coloured (roughly 4 minutes).
4. Arrange the kebabs on plates. Spoon the dressing on top of the kebabs. Serve.
Top tip: Thread salmon pieces on to two skewers so they don’t flip and spin when you turn them on the barbecue.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- RECIPES TO Celebrate British Food Fortnight - 25th September 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020
- World’s biggest fruit trees flourish in Eden rainforest - 10th September 2020