Spicy and delicious, this dish is great for a mid-week dinner served with a green salad.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
• 4 sweet potatoes, washed
• 2 small chicken breasts
• 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for brushing
• ½ lime, juice of
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tsp harissa paste
• 1 tbsp basil, chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 handfuls spinach, chopped
• 75-100g/3-4oz Cheddar cheese or mozzarella, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180C/fan 170C/Gas mark 4.
2. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork in several places, brush with olive oil, then pop on to a baking tray and bake for one hour.
3. Place the chicken on a baking dish and rub with two teaspoons of harissa paste and a little olive oil. Place in the oven with the potatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Shred the chicken with a fork, place in a bowl and mix in the spring onions, spinach, one tablespoon of olive oil, lime juice, garlic, one teaspoon harissa paste, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. When the sweet potatoes are cooked, cut in half and scoop the flesh out of the sweet potato and roughly mash together with the chicken and spinach mixture; season to taste.
5. Stuff the potato skins with the chicken and mash mixture; top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- A tomato update - 16th June 2022
- A weekend of discovery unearthing London’s hidden gems by foot or bike - 6th June 2022
- Create your own tiny tray allotment this Children’s Gardening Week - 24th May 2022