This is a great brunch snack.Quick and easy to make and it tastes great too!
Serves 2 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 small bunch of kale, finely chopped
• 1 avocado
• 2 organic eggs
• 2 slices of sourdough toast
• Salt and pepper
• A pinch of chilli flakes
1. Heat a frying pan with the olive oil, then add the kale together with the chilli flakes and gently wilt for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Halve and stone the avocado, then scoop out the flesh and mash on to the bread. Top with the kale, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a pan of water and using a wooden spoon, make a gentle ‘whirlpool’ – then carefully break the eggs into the centre of the ‘whirlpool’ and leave to poach for 1-2 minutes until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny.
4. Lay the eggs on to the toast, and grind over black pepper. Serve immediately.Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…You can unsubscribe at any time.