This is a great brunch snack.Quick and easy to make and it tastes great too!
Serves 2 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 small bunch of kale, finely chopped
• 1 avocado
• 2 slices of sourdough toast
• Salt and pepper
• A pinch of chilli flakes
1. Heat a frying pan with the olive oil, then add the kale together with the chilli flakes and gently wilt for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Halve and stone the avocado, then scoop out the flesh and mash on to the bread. Top with the kale, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a pan of water and using a wooden spoon, make a gentle ‘whirlpool’ – then carefully break the eggs into the centre of the ‘whirlpool’ and leave to poach for 1-2 minutes until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny.
4. Lay the eggs on to the toast, and grind over black pepper. Serve immediately.Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- From Liverpool to Cornwall – rich harvest for national wildflower centre - 13th October 2020
- The nation is taking on the pandemic – one mile at a time - 13th October 2020
- VISIT THE FIRST BEDWORTH SEED SWAP - 21st September 2020