A hearty and delicious bake which is easy to assemble.
• 500g (1lb) new potatoes
• 300g (10oz) cherry tomatoes
• A few knobs of butter, plus extra for greasing
• 4-5 thyme sprigs
• 100g (3½oz) Gruyère, grated
• 100g (3½oz) Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
• 250ml (9fl oz) pot double cream
• 200ml (7fl oz) vegetable or chicken stock
• 2 red onions, roughly sliced
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Generously grease a large, deep, ovenproof dish.
2. Mix the Gruyère with half of the grated Parmesan, then mix the double cream with the stock.
3. Arrange the new potatoes, tomatoes, shallots, garlic, thyme sprigs in the ovenproof dish.
4. Pour the cream mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan, then add a few knobs of butter, and cover with foil.
5. Bake for one hour then remove the foil and bake for a further 35 minutes until golden and crispy on top, and a knife poked into the centre of the potatoes slides in easily. Leave to rest for five minutes, then serve.
Recipe & Photography By Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.