Have an oriental-inspired dinner with this fragrant and colourful noodle dish.
• 3 nests fine egg noodles
• 140g (5oz) broccoli, chopped into small florets
• 140g (5oz) baby corn, halved
• 2 tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced
• ½ red chilli, sliced
• 300g (11oz) peeled, raw king prawns
• 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 2 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Cook the noodles following pack instructions, then rinse with cold water and drain. Toss with one teaspoon of the oil.
2. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a wok. Stir-fry the spring onions, broccoli, baby corn, bell pepper and the bean sprouts for a couple of minutes until tender. Tip out of the wok and set aside.
3. Wipe out the wok and add the remaining oil. Add the prawns and chilli and stir-fry for a couple of minutes until the prawns have just turned pink. Stir in the sugar, soy and oyster sauce, then simmer until the sugar has melted and prawns are cooked through. Add the noodles to the wok and mix through. Add in the cooked vegetables and mix.
4. Serve immediately with a scattering of sesame seeds.
Recipe & Photography By Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.