• 1 mug aduki beans
• 1 mug black beans
• 1 mug couscous
• ½ melon, diced
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 250g pack halloumi cheese, sliced
• a small bunch mint, roughly chopped
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Soak the beans overnight, or for 12 hours. Then place in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for one hour. Drain and place in a large bowl.
2. Prepare the couscous as instructed on the packet.
3. Toss the melon, spring onion, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl.
4. Add the lentils to the melon mixture. Season well and toss.
5. Grill the halloumi until golden. Scatter the mint over the bean mixture and place the halloumi on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, serve.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.