You just feel healthy eating this colourful dish, full of textures and plenty of bite.
If you can’t find black quinoa, substitute with regular white quinoa.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
• 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
• 200g/8oz firm tofu
• 200g/8oz black quinoa
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1-2 tbsp soya sauce
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Cook the quinoa in a pan with 400ml (14fl oz) water until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is al dente (about 15 minutes, or follow packet instructions). Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, pat the tofu dry with a paper towel, pressing on it to extract excess water. Cut into ½in dice.
3. Heat one tablespoon coconut oil in a heavy non-stick pan over medium-high heat, and add the tofu. Fry until the tofu is golden and slightly crisp, about five minutes. Add the soya sauce, and mix to coat evenly. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, add a little more coconut oil, then add the onion and garlic, fry for five minutes, then add the broccoli, curry powder and turmeric and cook for a further few minutes.
5. Take off the heat, then mix all the cooked ingredients together. Serve warm with extra soya sauce.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.