A very mild coconut curry, with a nice balance of vegetables and flavours. You can always make it hotter by adding more chilli.
Serve with fluffy rice or naan bread.
SERVES 4 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, or olive oil for frying
• 1 tbsp mild curry powder
• 1 mild green chilli, deseeded and chopped
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tin of coconut milk
• 400g/1lb mushrooms, sliced
• 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
• 1 large tomato, chopped
• 1 tin chick peas, drained
• 2 garlic gloves, minced
• 1 thumb size of ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 green pepper, sliced
• 1 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large frying pan to a medium heat and add the curry powder to toast for one minute. Next add the oil, chilli, garlic, ginger, onion and bay leaf. Fry for one minute, then add the coconut milk.
2. Let the coconut milk reach temperature, then add the vegetables and stir through.
3. Let the curry simmer for 20 minutes, then add the coriander and season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve with rice.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…You can unsubscribe at any time.