• 400g tin of chickpeas
Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
• 3-4 handfuls rocket
• 100g (3½oz) feta, roughly chopped
• 1 carrot, grated
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• ½ lemon, juice of
• 1 handful basil leaves, torn
• 1 tsp oregano
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for serving
• Salt and pepper
1. Place the lemon juice, garlic, torn basil leaves, oregano and oil in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
2. Drain the chickpeas and place half of them in the bowl. Roughly mash the chickpeas into the lemon mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Next add the remaining chickpeas, onion, carrot and half of the rocket and mix well to coat evenly.
4. Pour on to a serving dish, and garnish with the feta and remaining rocket. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
5. Serve with warm flat bread or pitta.
Recipe & Photography By Anna PettigrewEnjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address below to see a free digital back issue of Kitchen Garden Magazine and get regular updates straight to your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.