SERVES 4 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 celery stick, diced
• 1 carrot, diced
• ½ courgette, chopped
• 200g/7oz winter squash, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 x 400g tin plum tomatoes
• 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained
• 1ltr/1¾pt stock
• 50g/2oz macaroni
• 50g/2oz kale leaves, shredded
• Freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, squash, courgette and carrot and cook for 10 minutes, or until softened.
2. Stir in the garlic and thyme leaves, then cook for 2-3 minutes more.
3. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, tomato purée, and tomatoes. Then add the stock and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the pasta and beans and kale and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Season to taste, and serve with Parmesan.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
About the Author
- THE HELIGAN NIGHT GARDEN - 23rd November 2020
- Restoration of unique ‘Capability’ Brown garden given lifeline - 19th November 2020
- Third of UK spend less than 15 minutes a day outdoors - 17th November 2020