SERVES 6 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 225g/8oz plain flour
• 1tbsp baking powder
• 1tsp caster sugar
• pinch of salt
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• 100g/3½oz dairy-free yogurt
• 200ml/3½fl oz dairy-free milk
• 150g/5oz blueberries, reserving a few for garnish
• 3 tbsp oil, for frying
• Maple syrup for serving
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix well. Make a well in the centre and whisk in the eggs, vanilla, dairy-free yogurt and dairy-free milk until you have a smooth batter.
2. Heat a little of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Drop in two spoonfuls of batter for each pancake.
3. Once the batter starts to set, drop a few blueberries on top and after roughly one minute, flip the pancakes.
4. Cook the other side for another minute or so until puffed and cooked through.
5. Serve in stacks with the reserved blueberries and maple syrup poured over the top.Enjoy more Kitchen Garden reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign-up to the Kitchen Garden Magazine Newsletter
You can unsubscribe at any time.